Sunday, August 24, 2008

"The Hills" Are Alive


So in yet another in our continuing series of reasons why it's good to live in LA, last night Becky and I were lucky enough to witness a live staged reading of "The Hills" at Upright Citzens Brigade theatre. This was every bit as funny as it sounds, as you haven't lived until you've heard the lyrics to that theme song read aloud. The cast was stellar, and featured none other than "Dame Janeane Garafolo", who can be seen above essaying the role of Lauren Conrad, or Audrina Partrige, or one of the other skanks from the cast of that show. I was afraid that I might not be able to follow some of it, since I sometimes forget to watch, or rather, do everything in my power to avoid "The Hills", but Becky assured me that the players'rendition was spot on. The gentleman playing the role of Spencer Pratt was a bit over the top, but he made up for it by perfectly capturing Pratt's tendency to leave his mouth hanging open at the end of every sentence.

2 comments:

JRoot said...

I have never even seen this "show", yet somehow I think that this comedy would have still been funny.

Hollywood Jeffy said...

It was hilarious. Still doesn't make me want to watch the show.