Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What did you call me?

Just got back from vacation, hence the lack of posts lately. Fortunately, the powerful wheels of The Industry stop for no man, and I returned to find this announcement in my work inbox:

CEG and Ryan Seacrest New Partnership

I opened the email to discover exactly what I expected, that Comcast Entertainment and Ryan Seacrest are going to continue to join forces to fill your basic cable airwaves with wonderful programs like Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Sunset Tan, and Paradise City for many years to come. (What's that? You missed Paradise City, the reality show where a group of young twenty somethings pursue their dreams of making it big in Las Vegas? So did everyone else.) At one point in the press release, CEG president Ted Harbert called Seacrest "The ideal ambassador of the E! brand." While I can't argue with the accuracy of the statement, if somebody called me that, it'd be pistols at dawn. To combat all of this unpleasantness, I will now conclude this post with a picture of a mama deer and her adorable spotted fawn, taken by yours truly in my Mom's backyard in Oregon.

No comments: