Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I rented Leprechaun 4: In Space. On VHS.



I usually whoop it up a bit on St. Patrick's Day, as many of my friends will attest. Last year it was on a Monday and we had some people over, drank the Guinness, sipped the Jameson, and sampled my friend's mom's Irish Soda Bread, made with love and shipped all the way from suburban Chicago. This year I gave up drinking for Lent so I went to the video store and rented Leprechaun 4. In Space. On VHS. As luck would have it, Leprechaun 3 was on the Sci-Fi Channel, so I watched that first. Leprechaun 3 takes place in Las Vegas,and while it's terrible, it's infitely superior to Leprechaun 4: In Space. On VHS. I don't plan on seeing Leprechaun 5 or 6, which take place in the Hood. Oh, and once in the early 90's, I worked on a low budget film called Hideous Puppets. While the film was never released (or even completed, that I know of) I was told that one of the sets was salvaged from the wreckage of Leprechaun 2.

2 comments:

JRoot said...

Dude. If you followed that leprechaun to space, you've gots to follow his little green ass to the hood.

Hollywood Jeffy said...

Irish Soda BREAD, not bed! Thank God nobody reads this thing.