Monday, August 6, 2007

Hezekiah Un-Incorporated


As I was waiting for the bus at Hollywood and Gower on Friday, I noticed a sign that stood out from the otherwise nondescript strip mall that occupies that corner. On the second floor, directly above the Subway, sits Hezekiah Incorporated. I'd noticed the sign before, but this time I made a mental note to investigate further. A google search didn't reveal much at first, but eventually I came up with a phone number, which I then called. A male voice answered on the second or third ring:

"Hezekiah." I told them I was wondering what they did. "What do we do?" He asked me. I told him I'd seen their sign while waiting for the bus, and was wondering what they did. After a pause, he told me that they used to be a medical marijuana clinic, that is until DEA agents raided them last week. Further investigation seems to suggest that Hezekiah was likely one of the establishemnts targeted by the feds in a large scale raid throughout the city last week:


I expressed my sympathies to the voice at the other end of the line, and asked him what they were going to do now.

"I don't know," he told me. "I'm not going to be answering a lot of questions on the phone, I can tell you that.

No comments: