Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why I Need a New Job: Part 1


One of the joys of working for CEG is that you get the inside dope on what goes into creating the hard hitting programs that fill the airwaves of E!, Style, G4, etc. A prime example of this is the THS Newsletter, which is e-mailed company wide every time a new installment of E!'s award winning True Hollywood Story is produced. It took longer than I expected, but the latest episode, just in time for the release of The Dark Knight, is the sad story of Heath Ledger. I won't go off on a rant about how this kind of thing is exploitive or in dubious taste because let's face it, stories like Ledger's are the reason True Hollywood Story exists in the first place. I do, however, take issue with the following excerpt from the new THS newsletter, from which I will now quote:


Q. How Did you overcome the difficulties of producing this show?


A....In LA, my segment producer got an emotional interview with Verne "Mini Me" Troyer who worked with Heath on a film just before he died.


Ah, yes, Verne Troyer. I suddenly feel that the whole tragic tale has been put in perspective.

2 comments:

JRoot said...

I thought that bailing out water from my basement was going to be bad...until I had an emotional interview with Verne Troyer.

Hollywood Jeffy said...

Emotional interviews with Verne Troyer ain't what they used to be. His ex-girlfriend is now claiming he used to drink himself into a rage and start beating her dogs with his "reaching sticks".